Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

So I'm a week late on the Father's Day thing, but that's ok. We went to a Beer, Bourbon, BBQ festival, so really how much more of a Father's Day celebration can you get? Plus, my husband isn't really the breakfast-in-bed type.

Now for his first Father's Day, I really wanted to make it special. I spent months thinking about the perfect present. Something thoughtful, yet something he'd really want. I pinned things for months and eventually settled on this: 


Not because it has special daddy/daughter meaning. Nope, because he sent me a link to the website and "suggested" that I order that day since it was on sale. 

At least I got to be creative with the grandpas' presents. 


How cute is this? Ok maybe I'm biased, but seriously?

I used a gold paint pen on navy card stock to create the signs. Then, Doodle and I spent about an hour in the backyard fending off mosquitos and (literally) taking 400 photos. p.s. rapid-fire cameras are awesome and necessary.  Of those 400, four were acceptable for framing. I'm fine with this. I then printed, cropped, and put them in a frame I just picked up from Michaels, nothing fancy. 

We gave them to the grandpas today and they just loved them. Now, I'm totally jealous and want one for us. Although, I probably would have made one for us if someone wasn't so insistent on what he wanted for Father's Day. Next year. Unless the Mets get new jerseys of course. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis