Sunday, April 7, 2013

Next Top Cat

Things that I should be worried about:
Nuclear war with North Korea.
Type II diabetes.
Raising a happy and healthy daughter.

Things I am worried about:
The fact that Cadbury Eggs are gone for another year.
Mistakingly taking home the wrong kid from daycare.
My cat winning a Next Top Cat contest.

Seriously I'm obsessed with this bracket. The good people at AmazeCats put together this great little contest to determine who is the next top cat. 


Now, your heavy hitters like Lil Bub and Grumpy Cat already competed, deleting them out of this competition (whew!). This is for the next top cat, and somehow my adorable UglyKitty got nominated. I'd love to thank whoever nominated her, but I have no idea who did. 

I only barely discovered the contest existed after checking out some hits on Quasi's website. I'm not sure if we actually win anything, but I'd still like to win. Maybe swe'll get some more fans...and fans generate donations to the UglyKitty Fund

We are up against some pretty popular kitties out there, none of whom I had heard of, but famous nonetheless (and I'm sure they've never heard of me :)). 

In my first round I am up against Smokey, Katie, and Aragon (aka Lord Tubbing from Glee).

 
I'm definitely the "undercat" here. Each of my competitors has about 2,000 Facebook fans, and Quasi has a sad little 253.


Hopefully, Quasi will do well...this is where you come. By now you've probably already seen me talk about this, since the only people who read this are already friends with me on Facebook, but whatever. Voting for Quasi doesn't start until April 10, but you can vote on some of the other cats now. Personally, I think Pretzel is going to win it all, seriously how cute is that ridiculous little cat?


But I'd like to see Quasi at least make it a couple rounds and maybe help raise awareness about how awesome "special" kitties are.


1 comment:

  1. +I have been voting for the "special" kitties during each phase, including The Little Kitty Who Could with the deformed leg, and I forget her name but the other blind cat with special needs. They tend to be the most loving of cats and Quasi seems to be just like that. It really makes my day when you post a cute picture of Quasi and fortunately my own cat doesnt realise my 'unfaithfullness' but does benefit from extra pets and love after me seeing Quasi pics.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis